Montreal - Full-time
The web development team is responsible for fromrachel.com and various business tools including analytics, customer support, and operations. Our technology platforms are built internally with a team of curious, motivated and quick learners.
Rachel is investing in technology and strives to be at the forefront of technical development in the fashion/e-commerce industry. Over the last year and a half, we have built several tools for various aspects of the business including our customer-facing applications. We use a modern and enjoyable stack to build our applications. Currently, we primarily build with NodeJS, React, Elastic Search & PostgreSQL.
We are currently looking to hire a Frontend Developer. Your role will be to work with the product team to build a great experience for both Rachel’s passionate customers and for her team. This opportunity will allow you to rapidly grow your skillset, flex your creative muscles to design original solutions, and see your work have a direct impact on company goals. Rachel’s customers are extremely engaged giving you the chance to build the best experience possible.
Rachel’s team is small and nimble, values fun and creative time, and a bottom-up approach to development. We have a diverse team that’s hard to find elsewhere, especially at a tech-focused company. We respect the way you work, whether you need to work from home or work from New-York. We believe you’ll make the best of your time.
We are focused on finding an interesting, curious and resourceful person. The ideal candidate is:
- 3+ years of industry / work experience
- Comfortable being part of a small and creative team
- Comfortable designing their own solutions
- Comfortable working across frontend stack from writing CSS, configuring Webpack or building performant, reliable and extendable React components (although we don’t expect you to know these skills upfront, you should be willing to learn them when they become necessary.)
- Cares about the end-product beyond just writing the code
- Values and as an eye for good design, both for our customers and team
- High proficiency in browser performance optimization
- Knowledge of design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Interested in UX / UI challenges
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Ownership over your tasks & time
- Flexible work schedule
- Health & travel insurance
- Laptop + office gear
From Rachel is an e-commerce and subscription box service based in Montreal that’s revolutionizing the way women shop for tights. Our goal is to innovate in the fashion industry through technology. Our success is possible thanks to our exceptional team.
Rachel is currently expanding into new markets. With a strong business model set in Quebec, Rachel is expanding internationally in the U.S. and Europe.
Please send your C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.