Community Manager / Content Creator
Community Manager / Content Creator
Montréal - Full-Time
Rachel is a young Montreal-based company specialized in hosiery and legwear that’s currently expanding with great ambitions. Recognized for its exclusive designs, fashion inspiration, digital shopping experience and eco-responsible materials, Rachel inspires modern women to feel beautiful and good, simply, by making more conscious and thoughtful choices. Our vision is to build strong and sincere relationships with each of our clients by listening to them, getting to know them and providing them with the experience they need across North America, Europe and other international markets to come.
We are looking for a Community Manager / Content Creator to join our team. Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager, your mission will be to monitor, feed and manage our community on social networks by implementing innovative strategies and creating inspiring and varied content.
Rachel’s team is composed of 11 super ambitious people, connected to the company’s vision and who value a fun work environment. Transparency is key to the company with objectives known to all for a 100% team effort to achieve them.
- In support of the marketing team, develop the social media content strategy geared towards achieving objectives;
- Develop editorial calendars and ensure that they are respected;
- Create textual content (social media publications, blog articles, newsletter content, product page descriptions, special projects);
- Collaborate as needed in the production of photo, video and imagery material for content needs;
- Ensure the consistency of content across all social media according to established strategies;
- With the customer experience team, manage, animate and monitor the various communities on a daily basis on Rachel's social platforms;
- Create and coordinate the establishment of collaborations (contests, influencers, etc.);
- Measure the results of the various platforms and be able to summarize a campaign, giveaway or any other initiative;
- Stay aware of new trends in communications, social media, influencers and digital analysis tools;
- Coordinate translation needs.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (communications, digital marketing) or equivalent;
- 2-3 years of professional experience in social platform management, content creation, and community moderation;
- Excellent writing and spelling skills;
- Bilingualism required (French and English, oral and written);
- Master of Facebook and Instagram;
- Knowledge of community management tools (Later, Creator Studio, Canva, or equivalent);
- Knowledge of other web marketing tools, an asset (Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Shopify);
- Knowledge of photography and video, an asset.
Competencies & know how
- Strong interest in women's and sustainable fashion;
- Excellent work organization skills, ability to identify and manage priority files and meet deadlines;
- Creativity, curiosity and aesthetic sense;
- Resourcefulness and autonomy;
- Collaboration ;
- Desire to learn and develop;
- Rigor and attention to detail.
Job Type : Community Manager / Content Creator
Start Time : August 2021
Remuneration : Competitive salary determined by experience
Advantages : Health and travel insurance, flexible hours, computer provided. Corporate culture that promotes a balance between well-being, personal development and performance.
Please send your C.V and cover letter to email@example.com to apply
You have until 23 juillet 2021 to send your application
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the candidates selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Special attention is paid to the recruitment and selection of team members at Rachel in order to create a team synergy aimed at achieving the established objectives. We aim to hire competent, committed people who are passionate about our company's mission.
Commitment to diversity
Rachel is committed to providing a healthy work environment where the safety, dignity, integrity and reputation of each individual is respected. An environment where inclusion, diversity and equity are cultivated. We are committed to the principle of equal access in accordance with the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and employ people regardless of their ethnic origin, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental disability, political opinion, or financial ability.